Covid - 19 response
Maine Guided Trips Covid -19 response
First and foremost, I would you to take care of yourselves and your family first. While being outdoors is one of the safest places to be during the pandemic, we wouldn’t want you, or anyone in your party to put themselves at risk. Due to COVID 19, deposits are refundable up to the date of departure, due to a Covid 19 health issue, minus perishable food, administrative costs, or non-refundable fees.
The State of Maine CDC has established guidelines for guide services to open. Link to the State of Maine, "Keep Healthy Maine Covid 19 page. These guidelines change often so please check the State of Maine CDC Keep Healthy plan.
Some key points:
- The State is exempting residents from the following states from the testing and 10-day quarantine requirement for travel and lodging: MA, VT, NH, RI, CT. (Exemptions for all states effective May 1, 2021, unless a state has a significant spike in cases)
- Payment must be online or by phone.
- Neither client nor guide should participate if they show signs of illness.
- Guides and clients will need to ride in separate vehicles, unless all members wear face masks while in the vehicle.
- Clients need their own water bottle, sunscreen, bug repellent, and food.
- Information about meals as they relate to camping link.
- Guides AND clients will wear face coverings inside and outside when physical distancing is not possible.
- We will have hand sanitizer, cleaning products, and spare face coverings available.
- We will sanitize all equipment between client trips.
- We will maintain physical distancing while on a boat.
- Overnight camping trip participants will need a State of Maine Certificate of Compliance completed prior to the start of the trip.