Acadia National Park Sunrise Hike
Experience the beauty and serenity of Maine’s wilderness with registered Maine Guide, Maine Master Naturalist, and experienced teacher, Bill McClellan.
Come join us on a sunrise hike on Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park, the first sunrise in the entire country. Enjoy one of the most cherished national parks in the entire country, Acadia National Park. Beautiful views of surrounding bays and mountains. Visit great locations to take photos, place to learn about flora and fauna, plus learn some local history! Provide your own transportation to and from the train head. Please note that the meeting location and gear list will be sent to you in your confirmation email. Prices are per person, two person minimum.
- Event Location: Location will be provided by Guide during booking process. Sent via Maps app.
What to Bring:
- Appropriate clothing for weather and activity
- Loose fitting, quick drying pants, or shorts
- Rain Gear - acts as windbreaker
- Long sleeve shirt, wool or synthetic
- baseball cap, or other hat
- Sturdy walking shoes
- One water bottle, min 750ml
- Personal sunscreen & bug repellent
- 1 Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Hat and sunglasses (Polarized sun glasses work best when on the water.)
- 1 Day pack
- Compass, guide book of the area & maps
- First aid kit
- Emergency sleeping bag and other emergency gear
- Extra batteries and extra cell phone charger
Physical requirements: Must be able to walk over rough terrain for 90 minutes, for about 1-2 miles.