Camden Hills State Park Day Hike - 6hr.
Experience the beauty and serenity of Maine’s wilderness with registered Maine Guide, Maine Master Naturalist, and experienced teacher, Bill McClellan.
Come join us on a beautiful day hike in the Camden Hills. We will hike from the State Park entrance in Lincolnville, through the park along the access road to Camden. Bag a peak or two along the way, depending on the level of challenge desired. Peaks could include Zeke’s Lookout, Mount Megunticook, Mount Battie, or Bald Rock. Visit great locations to take photos, place to learn about flora and fauna, plus learn some local history! Provide your own transportation to and from the trailhead. Please note that the meeting location and gear list will be sent to you in your confirmation email. Prices are per person, two person minimum.
What to Bring:
- Appropriate clothing for weather and activity
- Loose fitting, quick drying pants, or shorts
- Rain Gear - acts as wind breaker
- Long sleeve shirt, wool or synthetic
- Baseball cap, or other hat
- Sturdy walking shoes
- One water bottle, min 750ml
- Personal sunscreen & bug repellent
- 1 Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Hat and sunglasses (Polarized sun glasses work best when on the water.)
- 1 Day pack
- Compass, guide book of the area & maps
- First aid kit
- Emergency sleeping bag and other emergency gear
- Extra batteries and extra cell phone charger
Physical requirements: Must be able to walk over rough terrain for 5 hours, for about 8-12 miles.