Maine Mountains Tour
Experience the beauty and serenity of Maine’s wilderness with registered Maine Guide, Maine Master Naturalist, and experienced teacher, Bill McClellan.
Come join us on a full day trip in the Maine Mountains. On this all day trip you will hike Maine’s mountains like Tumbledown or Kineo. This is an opportunity to get off the beaten path while enjoying other Maine ecosystems. Provide your own transportation, or I will meet you. Please note that the meeting location and gear list will be sent to you in your confirmation email. Prices are per person, two person minimum.
What to Bring:
- Two water bottles, min 750ml
- Personal sunscreen & bug repellent
- 1 Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Appropriate clothing for weather and activity
- Loose fitting, quick drying pants, or shorts
- Rain Gear - acts as wind breaker
- Long sleeve shirt, wool or synthetic
- Three season jacket
- Extra pair of shoes, lightweight like Crocs
- Baseball cap, or other hat
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Two Bandanas
- Hat and sunglasses (Polarized sun glasses work best when on the water.)
- Compass, guide book of the area & maps
- First aid kit
- Emergency sleeping bag and other emergency gear
- Extra batteries and extra cell phone charger
Physical requirements: Must be able to walk over rough mountainous terrain for 10-12 hours, for about 12 miles.